We at Griffin Care recognise our duties under the Health & Safety Act 1974 and the accompanying protective legislation. We will endeavour to meet the requirements of this legislation so as to ensure that we maintain a safe and healthy working environment. Our managers and training staff are informed of their responsibilities to ensure they take all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety, health and welfare of those that are likely to be affected by our undertaking.
Griffin Care recognises so far as is reasonably practicable the duty to ensure the following:
- To provide and maintain a safe place of work, safe systems of work, safe equipment and a healthy and safe working environment
- To ensure that hazards are identified and regular assessments of risks are undertaken
- To provide information, instruction and training as is necessary to ensure employees and others are assured of a safe and healthy working environment
- To promote the awareness of health & safety and encourage health & safety best practice throughout our organisation
- To ensure we are taking the appropriate protective and preventative measures
- To ensure that we have access to competent advice and are able to secure compliance with our statutory duties
In order that we can achieve our objects and ensure our employee’s recognise their duties under health & safety legislation at work, we must ensure that we inform them of their duty to take reasonable care of themselves and others that may be affected by their activities. We ensure our employees are informed of their obligations to ensure they co-operate in managing safety for both themselves and course delegates.